Thursday, 13 March 2014: Woolworths Limited (Woolworths) is on track to create 6,981 new jobs in this financial year across its Australian business divisions.
Over the financial year, Woolworths will open 108 net new stores that will generate new job opportunities across our operations Australia-wide. This includes jobs in Woolworths Supermarkets and Petrol sites, drinks retail brands Dan Murphy’s and BWS, and general merchandise stores BIG W, Masters and Home Timber and Hardware.
The types of jobs that have been created are many and varied, from customer service staff to senior retail management roles.
Woolworths is proud of its role in creating employment across the country, in our cities and regional areas. Woolworths is Australia’s second largest employer, employing more than 180,000 people, or
1.5 per cent of the Australian workforce.
Every day, 144 people start a career with Woolworths, including 87 young people.
This financial year by state we will create new jobs:
In February, Woolworths and News Corp Australia announced the launch of Generation Success, a youth employment initiative.
Generation Success brings together some of the country’s biggest employers including Leighton Holdings, National Australia Bank, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Toll Group, Spotless and Telstra.
Facts about Woolworths employment:
• Every day, 144 people start a career with Woolworths, including 87 young people.
• Woolworths is Australia’s second largest employer, employing more than 180,000 people, or 1.5 per cent of the Australian workforce.
• Over 2,200 people over the age of 65 work with us.
• Almost 78,500 people under the age of 25 work with us.
• In FY2013, Woolworths paid more than $7 billion in wages.
For further information please call the Woolworths Press office on 02 8885 1033