Corporate Responsibility Strategy 2020
Woolworths Group Corporate Responsibility Strategy 2020 outlines 20 commitments, to be achieved by 2020, based on People, Planet, Prosperity
Woolworths Group's Corporate Responsibility Strategy 2020, identifies 20 corporate responsibility and sustainability goals and commitments that Woolworths aims to implement by FY’20. The goals and commitments cover a wide range of Woolworths’ stakeholders, including customers, team members, suppliers and the communities in which Woolworths operates.
Access the 2020 Strategy site here.
The Strategy uses Woolworths’ Corporate Responsibility framework of People, Planet, Prosperity, which the company first introduced in 2015. It includes the following commitments:
People - encouraging diversity
- Striving for gender equity by targeting at least 40 per cent of executive and senior manager positions to be held by women.
- No salary wage gap between male and female employees of equivalent positions on a per-hour rate at all levels of the company.
- Embracing diversity by increasing the number of Indigenous team members in line with Woolworths’ commitments under the Federal Government's Employment Parity Initiative.
Planet - for a healthy Australia
- Working towards zero food waste going to landfill.
- Reducing Woolworths’ carbon emissions to 10 per cent below 2015 levels.
Prosperity - founded on trusted relationships
- Achieving a top quartile ranking in how the business engages fairly and equitably with Woolworths’ suppliers as measured by independent supplier surveys.
- Inspiring customers to consume all of Woolworths’ products in a healthy, sustainable way.
- Investing the equivalent of 1 per cent of a three year rolling average of total Group Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) in community partnerships and programs.
Woolworths launched its first Sustainability Strategy, called "Doing the Right Thing," in 2007. Since then, the company has invested significant time and effort into its corporate responsibility and sustainability programs, and will continue to build on this work in the future.