Tuesday, 3 October 2023: Woolworths has made major changes to its bakery range, bringing nearly 150 new and reformulated cakes, cookies, muffins, and baked desserts to customers across the country.
Some of the new sweet treats include the Woolworths Lemon Meringue Tart, filled with zesty lemon curd and expertly finished with delicately fluffy hand-torched meringue, the Woolworths Celebration Caramel Cake, layered with dulce de leche, and the Woolworths Smash Cake filled with hidden sweet treats.
Donald Keith, Woolworths Merchandise Manager for Bakery said: “It's been a tough job but our team taste tested every product. We've worked hard for more than 18 months so customers can experience the great taste, quality and value our new range delivers.
“As part of that process we also ensured our customers were involved in providing feedback and tasting some of the range. We’re now excited all our customers get to experience these new treats firsthand.
“We’ve put a lot of thought into our bakery range and a number of our products and cakes are also finished by hand, showing the care that goes into every bite in our bakery.”
The new Woolworths Bakery range builds on Woolworths’ heritage, having introduced its first in-store Bakery in 1970.
The latest range of products will join some existing customer favourites in the bakery such as the iconic Woolworths mud cake in chocolate, caramel and white chocolate mud cake.
The revamped range includes a number of show-stopping cakes and desserts, at great value:
- Woolworths Chocolate Chunk Cookie Pie ($14): a unique, oversized cookie. Heat in the oven, and watch the generous chunks of creamy Belgian dark chocolate ooze!
- Woolworths Lemon Meringue Tart ($23): an all-butter shortcrust pastry, filled with zesty lemon curd and expertly finished with delicately fluffy hand-torched meringue - simply the zest!
- Woolworths Choc Birthday Drip Cake 1.4kg ($29): a soft, fluffy chocolate sponge layered with smooth buttercream, topped with a stunning Belgian dark chocolate drip and chocolate ganache, and hand-finished with sweet and crunchy caramel crisps.
- Woolworths Celebration Caramel Cake ($29): fluffy caramel sponge meets lusciously soft buttercream that's layered with dulce de leche, hand-finished with chocolate-coated honeycomb pieces, and topped with milk and caramel chocolates.
- Woolworths Smash Cake ($35): featuring layers of fluffy chocolate sponge and rich buttercream, filled with hidden sweet treats in an array of rainbow colours, this dessert is beautifully topped with a velvety-smooth milk chocolate dome and hand-finished with sprinkles.
- Woolworths Chocolate Chunk Cookies 5pk ($5.50): crisp, chewy cookies, generously studded with rich, creamy dark chocolate buttons.
- Woolworths Loaded Carrot Cake Muffins 4pk ($7.50): these soft muffins have a cream cheese filling and are hand-finished with a spiced walnut crumble.
For further information, contact Woolworths Media: 02 8885 1033 or firstname.lastname@example.org