We believe in earning our customers' trust and respect by acting responsibly both inside and outside our stores and enabling them to make informed health, ethical and environmental decisions. Woolworths strives to make a difference by listening to our customers and working collaboratively with our stakeholders for the benefit of our business, our community and our society.
To do this, we focus on principles and practices to:
- Buy and sell responsibly
- Source sustainable and ethically
- Ensure quality and safety
- Deliver value and choice for customers with focus on health and wellbeing
We have made commitments across our Company to act responsibly in the areas we operate in. This includes:
- Health and Wellbeing - Woolworths is a member of the Australian Government's Food and Health Dialogue, which works with industry on a range of voluntary reformulation of commonly consumed foods, including bread and cereals.
- Selling alcohol responsibly - As a responsible retailer of alcoholic beverages, we go beyond regulatory compliance to help protect individuals and society from harm caused by excessive alcohol consumption. This is backed by our Charter for ranging alcohol in our stores.
- Responsible service of gaming - The ALH Group is committed to providing responsible gaming in its venues. It also aims to provide a safe and supportive environment where its customers make informed decisions about gaming. This is backed by the Hotel and Gaming Charter.
- Responsible buying - Woolworths undertakes to deal fairly, act reasonably and negotiate outcomes with all its trading partners. We are committed to fair dealings with our partners while seeking the best deal for our customers. This is written into our corporate Code of Conduct.
- Ethical sourcing - Woolworths is committed to upholding human rights, not only in respect of our employees but also in its supply chain. We are a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact (UNCG) which highlights our commitment to the core values of human rights, labour standards, protecting the environment and anti-corruption.